The kitchen tap is something that we all take for granted. It’s there to fill up the kettle when you fancy a brew, to fill the saucepan when you’re boiling vegetables, and to rinse your burnt hand when you have scalded yourself from the aforementioned boiling vegetables! It’s even there for your pet cat to place his tongue under when he or she is feeling a bit parched! The truth is we never really think about our kitchen tap until it stops working properly or we’re planning to have a new kitchen installed. The tap then takes on a whole new dimension in our world.
This is when the tap becomes an important feature as opposed to a merely functional object. And quite right too. After all, the kitchen tap is probably one of the hardest working pieces of equipment in our home. When choosing a tap we need to choose one that is not only built to last but will also be aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
So, let’s wax lyrical about the tap for a moment. If you are choosing a new kitchen tap this is what you are going to want:
- The perfect blend between quality design and efficient functionality
- Easy to use and smooth handling
- Maybe a pull-out rinsing spray if you like to cook a lot – ideal for washing out pots
- Even water flow and precise temperature adjustments for mixer taps
- Either a single lever tap or a two handle tap depending upon your personal preference
- Maybe a stainless steel or chrome finish to give your kitchen that highly professional but also very stylish look
Have I whetted your appetite? I bet you can’t wait to rip out your old taps and install new ones? That’s what the power of the tap can do to you!